|About us »
- Promoted the concept of SHGs among horticultural farmers for their economic
stability and better farming decisions. Formed around 8025 SHGs thereby bringing
under more than 1.55 lakhs commercial fruits and vegetables farmers under its
roof in Kerala. In that 452 SHGS are run by women. Equipped SHGs to ascertain financial needs and prudent use of funds.
- Facilitated farmers as farmer trainers and equipped them for farm research.
Conducted more than 9966 farmer trainings and around 3264 master farmer trainings.
Around 2870 participatory technology development trials were conducted.
- Produced, processed and marketed 318.615 MT of quality vegetable seeds and
around 9.8 lakhs tissue culture banana seedlings of high purity and varietals
preferences to cater to the requirements of South India.
- Promoted production centre oriented farmer markets ensuring better producer
share of consumer rupee and collective bargaining power of farmers.
- VFPCK have initiated 274 farmer markets through which 121000 MT produces
were sold for the year 2011-12, for a total value of Rs. 187.74 crores.
- Provided land and building worth Rs. 10 -12 lakhs each for 110 SKSs
a data bank of daily market prices and arrivals for the last 12 years of 40
varieties of vegetables and banana from 16 centers in Kerala and 4 from other
states for market oriented production of vegetables and fruits and improved
- The farmer friendly credit package of VFPCK enhanced fruits and vegetable
production. A total amount Rs. 586.41 crores was dispersed to farmers as easy
farm credit and an interest subsidy for of Rs. 116.87 lakhs was also given.
- Unique insurance packages were developed for covering the crops and social
security of farmers. 5917 farmers were covered under crop insurance and 426
farmers under social security scheme annually.
- A fruit processing unit was established where 56 MTs of banana chips was
produced and marketed under the brand name VEFCO FRYS.
- Explored the export possibility of fresh fruits and vegetables and other
value added products into global market. Exported 500 MT of produces to Middle
- Launched “Agri@School” programme to induce aptitude towards
agriculture among school children. 762 schools were participated
in this programme.
- An urban household farming venture called “Haritha Nagari”
was introduced with an aim oft promoting organic vegetable cultivation and
the same was set up in 7861 households.
- Equipped a team of professionally qualified and experienced extension personnel
for successful interventions.