|Production Support »
VFPCK credit package
is a collaborative effort to support commercial fruit and vegetable sector in
Kerala. The package is implemented in association with 11 leading commercial banks
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Travancore
- Canara Bank
- Union Bank of India
- South Malabar Gramin Bank
- North Malabar Gramin Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Indian Bank
- Dhanalakshmi Bank
- Vijaya Bank.
Salient feature of VFPCK credit package:
- Farmers are involved in all stages from credit planning to repayment.
- Provide credit availability also to lease land cultivators.
- Quick disbursement of credit within10 days of application.
- VFPCK staff assists in screening and monitoring genuineness.
- Beneficial to all stakeholders.
- Automatic credit linked insurance for crops.
- Peer pressure and campaigns for better repayment.
Package implementation schedule:
- SHG formation
- Training on credit package
- Participatory credit planning
- Joint inspection
- Credit appraisal, sanction and delivery
During the financial
year 2010-11 Rs.40.57 crores were dispersed under the scheme to 9067 farmers.