|Marketing Support »
|Market Information Centre (MIC)
Center (MIC) is envisaged for creating an information system that will provide
vital market information to the fruit and vegetable farmers and to the horticulture
sector as a whole. MIC is well equipped to meet the rising needs of different
customers in this sector.
Relevance of MIC
- It is a reliable data bank of market data in fruit and vegetable sector
- The MIC data is used as a base for fixing price in farmer markets.
- Past market data is used in production planning and price forecasting.
- MIC can be a primary data source for researchers.
The Market Information Centre (MIC) at VFPCK headquarters collects market data
of vegetables and fruits on a daily basis from 16 wholesale markets in Kerala
and also from 4 other states. The names of the Vegetable & Fruit markets
are listed below.
Chalai, Kollam, Parakkodu,
Kottayam, Kuruppanthura, Alapuzha, Ernakulam, Perumbavoor, Aluva, Trichur, Palakkad,
Manjeri, Kozhikode, Kalpatta, Thalassery
Out of state markets:
Coimbathore, Nagercovil, Madura, Nagerkovil, Mellupalayam,Madura.
Dissemination of Market Data
Data collected from various sources over the years will be analysed to generate
reports for various purposes. The reports will be sent to news papers, AIR,
Farmer Markets (SKS) and other agencies on a daily basis.
The major reports that can be generated are:
on the above links to view the full report.
- Daily report of market prices
- Weekly report of market analysis
- Weekly report on market trend
- Report of past price trend for production planning
- Report of price elasticity of fruits and vegetables
- Annual reports on market trend
- Report on comparison of SKS prices and nearest wholesale market
- Report on producersí share of consumer rupee.