Thrust Areas » Training
VFPCK focuses on empowerment of farmers through training. The Council provides an ambience of functional efficiency with modern and comfortable infrastructure facilities and services. The major strength of the organization is the pool of multidisciplinary expert team of qualified professionals in various disciplines like agriculture, management and social work who are well trained and experienced in implementing various concepts. They are fully aware of the latest techniques, trends, systems and eco-friendly practices
in all the areas of vegetable and fruit cultivation, value addition and marketing.
How VFPCK training is different
VFPCK take a shift from the routine classroom teaching pattern to a highly participatory and intimate style involving brain storming sessions, group discussions, participatory analysis, group exercises and games. We periodically organize sequential technological and human resource development trainings to master farmers, farmers and extension functionaries. The trainings are organized on rational need analysis coupled with feedback analysis and follow up action.
Study visits are organized for staff and farmers to have an exposure in national and international agriculture related activities. It enhances the confidence of the participants and motivates them to experiment new things and adopt new technique.
Trainings / field visits
Social and Management Trainings
- Crop production , crop management , and crop protection
- Post harvest handling and value addition
- Homestead vegetable cultivation
- Mushroom cultivation and spawn production
- Organic farming
- Cultivation of cool season vegetables
- Seed production, post harvest handling and processing
- Precision farming, poly house cultivation
- Self Help Group formation & Management
- Team Building & Motivation
- P R A Tools